On this page:
Become a Member of the Hamilton Naturalists’ Club!
Becoming a member of the Hamilton Naturalists’ Club means that you join over 300 members in their commitment and dedication to the study, appreciation and conservation of natural landscapes, wild plants and animals. When you become a member, your membership will directly support:
- The Wood Duck magazine
- Monthly virtual presentations on general interest topics and for the Bird Study Group
- Two new nature sanctuaries totaling over 70 acres in Burlington and Puslinch
- A multitude of environmental studies and research projects including, a recent study on beech trees and beech bark disease at Short Hills Nature Sanctuary and Hamilton Bioacoustics Research Project
- Natural Area Inventories and Bird Counts, the Hamilton Naturalists’ Club has been in existence since 1919, hosts an annual Christmas bird count, and regularly monitors dragonflies, butterflies, reptiles and amphibians.
- Seven large pollinator habitats maintained as part of the HNC contribution to the Hamilton Pollinator Paradise project
- Native tree and shrub giveaways as well as tree planting initiatives that facilitate the greening the City of Hamilton
- The innovative Sheelah Dunn Dooley Nature Sanctuary Eco-Goats project
- The management and maintenance of the nine HNC land sanctuaries, which includes footpath maintenance and invasive species removal – $5 of every membership goes to supporting the preservation of these sanctuaries
- Advocacy for the environment and Hamilton’s natural areas, which included the recent successful endorsement of a Biodiversity Action Plan for the City of Hamilton
- Junior Naturalists Program, in partnership with the Royal Botanical Gardens, this monthly pre-registered program features hands-on nature programming for children aged 7 to 12 (currently on pause due to COVID19)
- Environmental Protection – the HNC plays an active role in the cleanup of Hamilton Harbour and the protection and restoration of other local natural areas.
On joining the Hamilton Naturalists’ Club you will enjoy:
- Access to Nature Sanctuaries
- Club communications full of articles of scientific interest, local natural history, bird sightings, environmental and conservation news, and Club activities
- The Wood Duck – a monthly newsletter, available in print or as a digital download
- A monthly e-newsletter direct to your email inbox
- Monthly Meetings – Meetings with guest speakers on topics relevant to field naturalists are held between September and April.
- Bird Study Group- monthly meetings focusing on birds, bird conservation and the people dedicated to their health and well-being.
- Outings – the HNC regularly organizes field trips and rambles led by experts in their field throughout Hamilton and surrounding areas.
Club memberships run from September 1st to August 31st each year. You will receive a notice via email for renewal each year.
Click on a button below to sign up for an HNC Membership:
If you would prefer to mail a cheque to pay for your membership, you may do so by sending a signed and dated cheque, payable to “Hamilton Naturalists’ Club” to the address below. Please note, the Club does not accept cash via mail and it may take up to one month to see the funds withdrawn from your account.
Hamilton Naturalists’ Club
PO Box 89052
Hamilton, ON L8S 4R5
For any questions please contact Claire Bennett, Membership Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org