(905) 543-1136 – Environment Canada 24-hour taped message, updated hourly
- Topographical: maps 30 M/4, 30 M/5, 30 L/13, 40 P/1, 40 P/8 & 40 I/16, published by Natural Resources Canada, cover virtually the whole area described; $14.95 + taxes each for plastic coated version; 11.45 + taxes for standard paper map. Agent: Federal Publications Inc., 165 University Ave., Toronto. Telephone 416-860-1611, or toll-free (1-888-433-3782), by e-mail (email@example.com) or visit their website www.fedpubs.com.
- Hamilton & environs (city streets); Allmaps of Canada, Rand McNally, Map Art, etc.; approx. $3.00 (available at gas stations, variety stores, major book stores, etc.)
- South Central Ontario (rural roads); Allmaps of Canada, Rand McNally, Map Art, etc.; approx. $3.00 (available at gas stations, variety stores, major book stores, etc.)
- Ontario Regional Road Atlas, covers whole province, Map Art, $19.95
Eastport Drive – parallels QEW and Burlington Bay (Skyway) Bridge on causeway across Hamilton Harbour / Burlington Bay.
Hwy. 2 – two-lane major road; runs from Quebec border along Lake Ontario shore through Toronto to Hamilton, then cuts inland through Ancaster to London and Windsor.
Hwy. 6 – two-lane major road; runs north-south from Lake Huron through Guelph, across Hwy. 401, to Hamilton (York Blvd., James St., Upper James St.) to Port Dover on Lake Erie.
Hwy. 8 – two-lane major road; runs west, roughly parallel to the Lake Ontario shore, from Niagara through Hamilton and Dundas, then turns north-west toward Cambridge.
Hwy. 401 – multilane expressway; starts at Windsor (opposite Detroit), crosses Ontario (through Toronto) to the Quebec border. See Hwy. 403 and Hwy. 6 for links to Hamilton area.
Hwy. 403 – multilane expressway; starts at Hwy 401 west of Toronto Airport, cuts south and ends at the QEW (Ford Plant) in Oakville. Follow the QEW from Toronto or Niagara Falls to Exit 100 in Burlington. Hwy. 403 restarts at this point, then proceeds west through Hamilton-Ancaster and Brantford to meet Hwy. 401 near Woodstock.