The Club takes an active interest in the study of plants
- by inviting knowledgeable and interesting guest speakers to share their plant expertise through slide presentations at membership meetings,
- through the inventorying of plants in Hamilton and Halton natural areas (the Natural Areas Inventory projects),
- by scheduling regular nature walks with plant observation and identification,
- through updating the biotic contents of the HNC’s sanctuary properties, cataloguing the species of vegetation present,
- by organizing plant study group meetings on occasion. Past projects of the group have included restoration of wildflowers, assistance to schoolyard naturalization programs, development of butterfly gardens, plant rescues and enhancement of natural environments.